Intermodal Service Highlights
- Van’s Interstate specializes in full container Intermodal Drayage
- Our service area includes Michigan’s lower peninsula as well as select points in Northern Indiana
- Haz Mat certified drivers
- Customs bonded carrier
- Container Yard in Grand Rapids, MI – Customs Bonded Facility
- Container neutral pool strategically located in West Michigan
- Drop container service for loading and un-loading at no extra charge in many locations
- Track and trace imports and continuously monitor all imports and exports to ensure on time service
- Confirm appointments and deliveries via phone / email or direct update to web portals
- Street turns of empty equipment from imports for exports are a priority for us
- Communication – we keep you informed at all times
Street Turns – Reducing Your Rate
We make it a priority to street turn every piece of equipment possible. Street turns eliminate empty miles – which reduces your costs and reduces truck traffic on the highway. When street turns occur, your rate will decrease and you will receive an email advising your new reduced rate.
The Container Depot and Yard
Offering Steamship Line origin and termination of empty ocean containers, and Grand Rapids, Michigan bill of ladings on Import and Export full container loads. The Container Depot and Yard is a Steamship Line controlled Neutral Pool Facility and all equipment availability questions and termination authorizations must be handled directly with the Steamship Lines. The amount of equipment on hand will vary by Steamship Line and seasonal demands.
Steamship Line Door Moves
Your Steamship Line door packages are only as good as your Drayman. We work with the majority of the Steamship Lines on a door basis already. Please consider naming Van’s Interstate as your preferred Drayman.
Compare your door rate to the combination of a ramp or CY rate and our drayage rate. There may be ramp or CY rates established for your commodity that you can take advantage of.
West Michigan Consolidators
Offering competitive rates by rail, or direct truck, between all ports and points within the continental United States for your port moves.
When you purchase your package from West Michigan Consolidators you get the following as standard service:
Personalized Service: WMC is just the right size – large enough to offer great rates, yet small enough to give you and your load individual attention.
Insurance Coverage: Over and above that of the individual carriers, including while at the pier.
Full Disclosure: We’re proud of our rail and trucking partners.
Assistance: In obtaining empty steamship equipment for your export bookings, and termination of your empty import containers.
Special Arrangements: We’ll make the extra calls for you, help with dock receipts, inspections, or third party notifications
Daily Tracing: Including weekends and holidays, with prompt notification of any service exceptions to allow you the needed time to adjust.
Warehousing and Logistics
Warehousing Grand Rapids, West Michigan
Van’s Logistics Service, LLC provides a broad spectrum of public and contract warehouse services in Grand Rapids, MI. We are currently operating approximately 180,000 square feet. Our services include, but are certainly not limited to, rail docks, cross-docking, storage, intermodal container loading and unloading, re-pack and labeling. Current products handled include food grade products, consumer goods, lumber and building supplies, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, and more. In conjunction with our sister companies, we feel we are positioned to handle all of our customer’s needs – from inbound, to storage and processing, to shipment, to final destination.
Van’s Delivery Service, Inc
Hauling, trucking and deliveries for lumber and steel in Michigan and the Mid West
Van’s Delivery Service specializes in single and multi-stop truckloads that deliver throughout our 32 State operating range that spans East of the Rocky Mountains. List of specific states are listed below. We also have a Brokerage Service with the authority to service the lower 48 states. By partnering with our network of reputable and reliable carriers we are able to meet your national needs. We have the capabilities to truck 64,000 pounds of steel across the State of Michigan, or deliver one small skid across town or deliver a truckload anywhere in the country. Our goal is to make your job easy by handling your supply chain needs in the most cost effective and efficient manner. We have been delivering Courteously and Promptness Assured since 1925.
- Straight Truck
- Tractor Trailers
- Dry Van Trailers
- Flatbed, Conestoga and Curtainside Trailers
- Stretch Trailers
- Drop Deck Trailers
- Dedicated Logistics (Private Fleet Outsourcing)
- Interstate Carrier Authority (32 States)
- Brokerage Service in the lower 48 States – all types, including oversize
- Driver Leasing
Interstate Fleet: AL, AR, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WI, WV
Van’s Dedicated Logistics (Private Fleet Outsourcing)
in Grand Rapids, MI, West Michigan and the Mid West
Van’s Delivery Service, Inc. provides a broad spectrum of contract dedicated logistics services, and is currently operating many of these operations in the Midwest. Several of these fleet operation contracts have been in place for 10+ years. Our service offerings range from as simple as driver leasing to fully customer identified equipment with drivers in uniform. We feel we are doing our job well when our employees can harmoniously assimilate into your organization, and anyone outside the organization would recognize our employees as one of yours. Our customer demographics range from one truck operations to Fortune 500 companies. Whether you have 1 truck or a huge fleet we can offer you a cost effective solution to your current private fleet.
Below are the top 10 reasons why our customers decided to make the change from a private fleet to our Dedicated Logistics Program:
- Fix your transportation expenses for the term of the contract. With the exception of fuel you will not have those unexpected expenditures like major component failures or physical damages.
- Pay as you go with no upfront expense.
- Eliminate lawsuits and liability exposure caused by accidents or damages.
- No Workmen’s Comprehensive Claims or Unemployment Claims.
- Do not have to pay for sick days and vacation time. Or have to hire a second driver when your driver is absent.
- No out-of-pocket expense for GPS technology, dispatch department, safety department, pre-hire research, physicals, drug testing, equipment damages or conducting DOT required safety meetings.
- Employee issues are resolved easily and effectively by our staff. If a driver is not working out we efficiently remove that person and replace them.
- Reduced paperwork and overhead.
- All required records will be on file and filed properly with the appropriate Government Agencies. Your operation would be fully DOT Audit Compliant.
- Augment your core fleet size with additional equipment from our fleet during peak periods. That way you only pay for the additional capacity when you need it.
At Van’s we make having your own fleet easy. You can benefit from our 86 year history in the transportation industry. As new laws or challenges present themselves you can rest assured that we will have it handled.